Monday, May 23, 2011

3 Years Ago Today


Three years ago today my sweet BE (baby Ean) was born. What a day! I had a very stressful pregnancy full of complications and fears, but on May 26, 2008 the Lord decided that our little Ean needed to be born 9 weeks early. At only 3lbs 8oz, he was whisked away to East TN Children's Hospital NICU.

It was a painful journey filled with many ups and downs. I had dreams of bringing home my baby (as we all do), but three days later I went home empty-handed leaving my sweet little boy on a ventilator in the hospital. God, why me?

Fast forward three years. . . I can't answer the question of why he had to endure so much when he first entered this world, but instead I focus (and will share with him as he grows) that our Lord has a special purpose for his life. I really believe my sweet spirited gentle little boy hears His voice even now. That's why we felt called to name him Ean (meaning, the Lord is faithful). What a special story his life is already telling...


So, today, I celebrate his life. I celebrate his laughter, tears, sense of humor, shyness, love for music, stellar memory, picky eating, love of books and Curious George. Today, I rejoice in the blessing God gave me looking into my little boy's eyes all those days in NICU but most of all every day since....Happy 3rd Birthday my son. I love you with all of my heart.

-mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment