Tuesday, January 25, 2011

To Every Thing There is a Season

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven" Ecclesiastes 3:1

It's so easy to forget that God already knows the plan. Oh, how I often wonder if He's busy with something else and has forgotten what's happening in our lives. Even though I have experienced His rescue just in the nick of time, I still have my doubts.

It's been a long journey waiting to bring our daughter home. The roller coaster continues, in fact, as we wait to hear when we can return to bring her home. But, when I think of how intimately involved He is in this journey, I realize that it's not about me! It's about His story.

I mean, really, He brought a young couple into our home through a "random" invitation and out of that He strengthened a vision in our hearts for a country and its people and developed a sweet bond between our two families. It's not just any family, but a family from the very country our daughter is from. Not so random, huh?

I have grown to love Wegi and Tsion so much, and now we have the honor of watching them raise their new baby Ebenezer!

We have learned so much from them already, and I know what a sweet blessing it will be for our daughter to have them in her life as she grows up....not to mention it's been great exposure for our son as well.

As we've shared life, meals, and prayers with them, I am in awe of just how big our God is. So, when I have my frantic moments of trying to figure it all out and frantically checking my emails for more news, I have to remind myself that He is a big God and He knows the timing for everything in our lives....even when I may feel that He has forgotten us.

So, Lord, we trust your timing. Take us back to Ethiopia in your appointed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment