Monday, February 7, 2011

5 Simple: Valentine's Day Tips



I really love my work at Porch Step. I feel like I'm making a difference in people's lives, and I get to know some amazing stories along the way. This week, I get to try my hand at writing for our newsletter. We needed some "simple tips", so I thought why not something fun for Valentine's Day. I'd love to hear what you think!

1. Plan Ahead. I’ll never forget our first Valentine’s Day. My (now husband) proudly picked me up for a fun dinner out. As we were driving, he asked “where do you want to go?” What? Doesn’t he know that reservations should have been made weeks ago? After stopping by four restaurants, he finally gave up. We had a wonderful take-out pizza!

2. Keep it Simple. Too much of a good thing is not so good. As much as a woman loves nice cologne, bathing in it won’t get you thumbs up. Chances are, she’ll have watery eyes all evening long – and it won’t be for the right reasons!

3. Sweat the Small Stuff.
Details are king when it comes to Valentine’s Day. A hand-written card will go a long way.

4. Flower Her with Love. It doesn’t take a dozen roses to win your partner’s heart. One simple flower can still do the trick and it won’t break the bank. Try a single rose bud with a handwritten love note attached.

5. Play Hard Ball. Ladies, sometimes the biggest gift we can give our husbands is a little quiet. Next time the big game is on TV, take the kids for a walk and give them a little uninterrupted bonding with their favorite team.

How are you going to make Valentine’s Day special this year? What simple ways can you show random acts of kindness every day?

No comments:

Post a Comment